Monday, April 20, 2009

The Biggest Loser!

After I turned 40, even though I was back in the gym and working out regularly, it just seemed that things got harder. I put back on some fat under the muscle I'd newly re-acquired, and couldn't seem to lose it. The same diet ( Low carb, high protein), the same workouts, just didn't seem to work the same way anymore. I was definitely in better shape than a lot of people, but I wasn't where I wanted to be. Then something weird happened... my cousin, Phillip Parham, and his wife, Amy, found out they were going to be on TV's "The Biggest Loser" ( a "reality" type weight loss show). I hadn't spoken to either of them in a few years (just too busy in our lives, I guess), but our family watched the show religiously because of them. I was soooo blown away over their dedication and the amazing results they had.

We watch a lot of reality shows in the Parham household, so we thought it would be cool, with the family connection especially, to go to the season finale of "The Biggest Loser" this time. (I'm holding the "I", my oldest daughter, Brady, is holding the "L", and my beautiful wife, Barbie, is holding the "&" in the photo here).

Phil and Amy didn't win the show (because of some gameplay), but they broke weight loss records on the show, and were extremely popular with viewers. They've gone on and have a successful business as personal trainers and motivational speakers now.
We got back from the show, and I knew I wanted to do something... something to take my training to the next level and get over the plateau I was stuck on. So I pulled a book from my shelf I'd recently bought.....

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment